Thursday, November 3, 2011

Buses buses buses p1

I did not like buses in İstanbul. I used them a lot, but never liked them. What is there to like about them? Super crowded, most of them very old, seriously noisy, bad drivers most of the time, and of course last but not least, the traffic.

So, immediately as I arrived in Brighton, buses caught my eye. At first I didn't understand the writings and numbers on the sides of the buses since I knew nothing about Brighton and it's surroundings. I live in the centre of King's Road. Which puts me at the centre of the town centre. So there are buses that pass through Churchill Square (the main square of the town centre) to all around Brighton&Hove. So soon enough, I realized that most buses showed their routes and approximately how many minutes there were between each bus on one side of the bus. Beautiful! Smartest thing I've seen in a long while. I would've loved to show photos for those of you who haven't seen it but I don't have a camera, and google search failed me.. Well, whadaya know, found one:

  Buses in Brighton
Well of course while one side had these, the other sides sometimes have these strange things, and believe me, they have lots of variations of it:
interesting
There are loads of photos and texts telling you how pleasant it is to ride buses in Brighton&Hove, and that you can enjoy doing various things on the bus, like on the one at the top image, the lady claims she can do her make up on the bus, which we tried, and no, it's not true (one claimed that the cleaners of the buses are very happy, don't know why).
Few more things and comparisons soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment