Sunday, November 13, 2011

London Trip

I've been lazy about writing things but as of today, I've decided to be up to date so I had to cut the bus talk in to 2 parts since I wrote that part 2 weeks ago and didn't finish. Will finish soon.

I have been to London before multiple times, heck I was there a few months back visiting my sister. But I never visited London AFTER I had stayed in Brighton for more than a month, go figure. But yes, now I have. And have no fear citizens, I will talk about it.

I think I should tell this last but fuck it, here it goes, London sucks, Brighton rocks!

After tasting Brighton for more than a month, the second we got off the London train, I felt overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, Istanbul is a more crowded and hectic city than London (not by a landslide but it is) and I am used to crowded cities. But after getting used to Brighton (you got used to it in a month after spending 8 years in Istanbul? Liar!!) London just seemed too crowded, too chaotic, too loud, too dark, too expensive and boring. My ticket, which I was late to buy and had to pay a bit more for it, cost me 6.75 where a day travel ticket in London is 7.30 (if you don't have Oyster, and this is not all zones). Fuckin' thieves..

I will admit, London is a beautiful city, it's just that after Brighton it seems like an old city. It's hard to describe the feeling with my close to shit English. In Brighton it's party time 7 days a week, fancy dress events every day (you might know this as costume parties, which I did not know at first and wondered why so many people wanted to dress formally), people getting drunk every night and everyone having fun and enjoying it, everyone a tid bit happier, everyone more relaxed, a bit like Amsterdam but better :). While as the scene in London always put me off a little bit.

I just realised that I won't be able to describe any of my feelings, what a great writer I am, I'm sure you learned tons! Well, that's what you get. I'm sure we will come back to this topic as I make more trips to London and as I write more about  Brighton (so that you'll see why it's such a great city).
For now, thanks to my buddy and host the T-man for hosting us this weekend. All my man love goes to him.

Having the big English breakfast in London

Yes, I was extremely sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment